Robert Li wrote:
I followed the document to setup CIFS and everything runs fine. Now I wonder if it is possible to make the Solaris CIFS server userless by make it as a kerberos client to the targeted AD domain. So both the AD side and Solaris will share the same user directory and more importantly, the same password. The purpose here is try to prevent potential password out-of-sync problem between local Solaris users and AD users.

It can probably be done, and we want to go there, but we don't have a lot of experience setting it up and don't have a cookbook procedure yet. There's another thread running right now (subject "CIFS Strange Problem") where the user is trying to do exactly this.