Am 21.01.2010 09:38, schrieb David Bond:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Did you follow that documentation on implementing
> Kerberos authentication?
Just join it to domain, that should be enough (kerberos for cifs isn't
implemented) (have to have a look on howto join exactly, but you'll have
to get your kerberos setup fine first)
> CIFS worked fine for me, apart from a few problems when trying to implement
> user logons via active directory, as discussed in the thread I mentioned.

working here like a charm
> My testing was in a 2003 R2 domain, it will probably be changed to a 2008 R2
> domain, but testing for old clients need to be done first (OS/2).
No idea here.

> My goals for the server were / are:
>
> Unified logon, for CIFS, SSH, and local console logons, with consistent id
> mapping between servers.
would work, but one big caveat, currently (o)sol has no support for
breaking down ad's recursive group structure (produced and represented
through the ability of using dn's as group memeber) to its normal
groups, so from unix view the users are only members of there primary
group. (Workaround managed your group memberships in Ad twice => gives
normal unix ldap memberships)
Real pit fall is that ALL security groups a user is memberof (also
recursive) HAS to HAVE a unix gid, or the logon to cifs is denied!

Here I'm looking for a way to get read access to the shares over http
with a normal web browser, but respecting the zfs acls inplace. Best way
would be to fork some browsing process on a per session/login way, using
the accessing user...

> Anyway, what did you do to get it to work, do you have all your
> authentication for the server via active directory; SSH, CIFS, Console
> logons? If you do, would you mind, if it was different to how that document
> described it, providing information on how it is set up.
Yes currently I'm looking for a possibility to restrict/bind the logon
rights and the accessrights to root role (pfexec,...) to an group
imported from ad (Domain\ Admins f.ex.).

Florian