On 01/29/10 12:36, Rainer Orth wrote:
Alan M Wright <a...@sun.com> writes:

This is is still on the to-do list but demand hasn't been sufficient
to raise the priority.  If you'd like it to be supported, please tell
your S7000 rep and make them aware of your need for NT4 domain support.

we already did, and have an appointment next week to talk about our
requirements and the S7000 roadmap.

Any suggestions for workarounds in the meantime?  Maybe it's possible to
create a command or PAM module to set the user's passwords locally on
the filer?

You can create local users on the 7000 but you cannot control the
UIDs.  You cannot import a passwd file or change the UIDs assigned
by the S7000 when you create the local accounts, and the S7000 will
allocate the UIDs in a range that is anticipated to not overlap
with typical UNIX UIDs.

That might be something else to bring up at your meeting.

Without an AD domain, I'm not sure how you would workaround this.

Alan