Hi,

My colleague is also going to post this to the Mac Forums, because it's
unclear where the problem is.

I have a combination I can't get working between Solaris CIFS and Mac
OSX 10.6.
I'm running CIFS in domain mode: `uname -a`
SunOS bs-ssvr05 5.11 snv_122 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

Mac OSX 10.5 works okay, so does Windows, mount_smbfs(1M) and smbclient.
The smbclient command on the Mac also works okay, but it looks like the
Finder doesn't use this client.

However, Mac OSX 10.6 works okay when connecting to shares on Samba
(Linux and Solaris), Windows and CIFS on an EMC NAS.

When the Mac connects to the CIFS machine, there's a dialogue box
showing the shares on the box, but when we click one of the shares, we
get a dialogue saying "you don't have permission to access this share"

I've attached a network capture from the machine when it tried to
connect the share.

There is a known problem to do with "streaming" from Mac OSX 10.6, and
we've tried this on and off.

Any clues to this strange behaviour would be much appreciated.

Thanks
John Ryan