I have a combination I can't get working between Solaris CIFS and Mac
OSX 10.6.
I'm running CIFS in domain mode: `uname -a`
SunOS bs-ssvr05 5.11 snv_122 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

Mac OSX 10.5 works okay, so does Windows, mount_smbfs(1M) and smbclient.
The smbclient command on the Mac also works okay, but it looks like the
Finder doesn't use this client.

It looks bug 6874207 which is fixed in snv_124.

The OSX client is trying to open and modify the /.DS_Store file on the share. When it does the open it doesn't specify that it wants FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES, and so the server is rejecting the SET_FILE_INFO request. Even though the connected user has the privilege, since you didn't ask for it, you're not getting it.

If you're planning on allowing Guest access to any of your shares, be aware of bug 6901866. That one is fixed in snv_131.

-Drew