On 03/ 2/10 01:00 PM, cifs-discuss-requ...@opensolaris.org wrote:

But when I run [i]smbadm join -u {user.name} {domain.name}[/i], I get {bash:
smbadm: command not found} as an answer.

cd /bin
/bin$ dit smb*        to find all smb files, returns:

smbcacls smbclient smbcontrol smbcquotas smbget smbpasswd smbprofiles smbspool
smbstatus smbtar smbtree smbutil

Apart from smbutil, those are all part of the Samba suite. Which is entirely different than the OpenSolaris smb implementation.

smbadm should be in /usr/sbin

# pkg search -l smbadm

should tell you this.

If that doesn't return anything, you don't have the OpenSolaris smb package installed. (It should, because you have smbutil in /bin)

# pkg install pkg:/system/file-system/smb

should install it.

If you don't plan on using Samba, removing it might help avoid any future confusion:

# pkg uninstall pkg:/service/network/samba

-Drew