On 03/08/10 19:22, Ryland DuFour wrote:
> I have opensolaris 2009.06 joined to AD.

I recommend that you upgrade.  2009.06 was not a good
vintage for SMB.

# pfexec pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev opensolaris.org
# pfexec pkg image-update

> ... I have to supply credentials to map the drives.
> What I can't figure out, is why when I use a UNC path to
> my server \\servername, any user from any workgroup or other
> domain in my network can see all of the shares on the solaris
> server.  I would think that just trying to get to the root at
> \\servername would still prompt for credentials.
> Thanks for the help

By default, any user can get a list of shares over SMB;
no authentication is required.

To change that: restrict anonymous access, create a local
account called guest and set a password.

        # sharectl set -p restrict_anonymous=true smb
        # useradd guest
        # passwd guest
        New Password: ...
        Re-enter new Password: ...
        passwd: password successfully changed for guest

Alan