the domain option should be too old because I don't even remember
having this option :)

In order to get authenticated in a domain, CIFS server should be
a member of that domain using "smbadm join". Some Kerberos and DNS
configuration is needed before you can join a domain so take a look
at the following section in the CIFS administration guide:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-2429/configuredomainmodetask?a=view

[link to the PDF version: http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/820-2429/820-2429.pdf]

There is no way to hide shares, although I don't understand why you
wouldn't want to see them?! The whole purpose of typing \\computername
is to get a list of exported shares on that system!!

Afshin

Ryland DuFour wrote:
Excellent!  Upgraded to build 133 yesterday. I had wanted to do that anyway so
thanks for the push.

Your suggestion worked perfectly.  I started digging into "sharectl" a bit more
and saw what looks like older documents that said using:

#sharectl set -p domain=DOMAIN.COM smb

would force any authentication to that domain.  I don't see that as an option
in build 133.  How would I do this now?  Also, any way to hide the shares once
they are created so when I go to \\computername and authenticate I don't see
the shares?

Thanks, you have been a big help.