From: Volker Lendecke [mailto:volker.lende...@sernet.de]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:34 AM
To: Obaid Farooqi
Cc: cifs-proto...@samba.org; p...@tridgell.net; MSSolve Case Email
Subject: Re: [REG:111052652308584] [ttal...@microsoft.com: Reminder -- share
secdesc and smb2 echo?]

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 03:42:05PM +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Volker:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I'll look into the questions raised by you and will be in touch as
> soon as I have an answer.
> I did not find a trace attached to this email. Please send me the
> trace you mentioned.

Hmmm. I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the behaviour anymore at this moment.
Can you find out how I can trigger Windows XP to use the NT_TRANSACT_CREATE
call according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441567%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

including a security descriptor instead of a normal SMB_COM_NT_CREATE_ANDX call
according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee442082%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

? I have seen that where the reply to NT_TRANSACT_CREATE said it has
successfully created the file, probably including setting the security
descriptor.

If you really need the trace to work on these questions, I could write a
special test program and create it.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9 AG Göttingen, HRB 2816, GF: Dr.
Johannes Loxen

Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy.  Please read the Microsoft
Privacy Statement for more information.The above is an email for a support case
from Microsoft Corp.REPLY ALL TO THIS MESSAGE or INCLUDE casem...@microsoft.com
IN YOUR REPLY if you want your response added to the case automatically. For
technical assistance, please include the Support Engineer on the TO: line.
Thank you.