From: Matthieu Patou [mailto:m...@samba.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:46 PM
To: Obaid Farooqi
Cc: MSSolve Case Email; cifs-proto...@samba.org; p...@tridgell.net
Subject: RE:[REG:111112257588419] - Windows DC returning WERR_DS_DRA_NO_REPLICA
when Samba DC wants to send replica

Hello Obaid,

On 08/12/2011 01:15, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Matthieu:
> The reason you are getting ERROR_DS_DRA_NO_REPLICA in response to
> IDL_DRSReplicaSync is that in repsFrom attribute, V1.ulReplicaFlags has
> DRS_NEVER_NOTIFY set and your request has DRS_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION in options
> and does not have DRS_TWOWAY_SYNC in options. The code checks if all of the
> conditions listed above are true and if yes, sends an
> ERROR_DS_DRA_NO_REPLICA. This check is not listed in pseudo code in MS-DRSR.
> You are not getting ERROR_DS_DRA_NO_REPLICA due to the check in the existing
> pseudo code that you mentioned.
Ok good, but the question is now why the repsFrom gets the DRS_NEVER_NOTIFY
because as far as I know we never set this when doing the DsAddRef so that
other DC (windows in this case) add our DC in its repsFrom.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team

Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy.  Please read the Microsoft
Privacy Statement for more information.The above is an email for a support case
from Microsoft Corp.REPLY ALL TO THIS MESSAGE or INCLUDE casem...@microsoft.com
IN YOUR REPLY if you want your response added to the case automatically. For
technical assistance, please include the Support Engineer on the TO: line.
Thank you.