On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 15:37 +0100, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:12:20 +0100, Julien BOSSERT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > From 'Herman Robak':
> >
> >>   If you have enough space, I would suggest uncompressed video.
> >
> > I've tried this, with FMT set to yuy2, rgb8 or 411p (but I'm really
> > not familiar with all that stuff...):
> >
> > mencoder -ovc raw -vf format=FMT -oac pcm -fps 25 -o OUT.avi IN.wmv
> >
> > But Cinelerra only recognizes audio...
>
>   Dang.  I'm not sure which uncompressed pixel formats Cinelerra supports,
> and which are the smartest to use.  As a workaround, you could try MJPEG
> (lossy, I know) at a very high quality setting?

I seriously suggest just using dv-avi. The quality won't probably get
any worse from what the already compressed wmv/asf is.

But about those uncompressed formats: Cinelerra doesn't seem to support
yuy2, 2vuy, rgb8 nor 411p, but uncompressed YUV formats (v308, v408,
v410, yuv2, yuv4, and yv12) should work, although I'm not 100% certain.
Lqt_transcode lets one to transcode from many other formats to those
supported uncompressed ones.

-Heikki