Am Montag, 24. April 2006 13:42 schrieb Leo germani:
> Ive got an AMD64 Laptop.
>
> Its performance is worse than my Athlon XP2000 desktop.... (either in
> Debian 64 and Slackware 64)
>
> Leo,,
>
> On 4/23/06, RedEnzian - open source group <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have to decide if i buy a p4 or an amd64 athlon (opteron is too
> > expensive
> > for me). What does cinelerra more accelerate?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Christoph

??????????? Here i am running AMD64 X2 3800+ with 1 GB mem and its fast and
stable as hell running FC4 x86_64 ( and i am an "Poweruser" ). Before i had
an  Athlon 2600+. With ffmpeg i can encode dv full resolution video saved
from cinelerra to dvd mpeg faster than realtime and run other applications in
foreground without long dropouts or hangs. The speed of an computer is not
only the cpu also the board, harddisk, where is what partition etc. The trick
is to find an hardware configuration that runs smooth together . Here it is
AMD64 X2 3800+, Asus Sli Deluxe, Adaptec Scsi Ultra 160 with linux system on
one scsi disk and all video data on ide ( xfs ), my home is mounted over nfs
from my little ( yes little and 6 years old ) server. This was the first time
i upgraded my computer and there was a recognizible faster speed since
upgrading my orginal Amiga 2000 with an 30MHZ Accelerator Card in
1989 :)) :)) yes. But sorry, i never had an P4.
It is possible that the libdv version #leo runs on his laptop is the reason
for the bad performace. Here i had only ~5 frames per second when i began my
experience with 64bit system. Now i use an cvs? version self compiled and the
playback performace is very very good.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Konrad