I used to find that my laptop was slow if I booted without the A/C power adapter plugged in. I then discovered that the reason was the cpu was throttled to 700 MHz rather than full speed. You may want to ensure that the cpu-throttling is working correctly! I don't have my laptop here, but I recall writing a script that did something like:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Not sure if this helps??

Pierre

Leo germani wrote:

Ive got an AMD64 Laptop.

Its performance is worse than my Athlon XP2000 desktop.... (either in Debian
64 and Slackware 64)

Leo,,