On Monday 29 May 2006 12:50 pm, Andraz Tori wrote:
> I am bit on the shaky grounds here, since i don't know what is acutally
> happening...
>

> Couldn't you do it by just using frames to fields and reframe plugins?

Are you talking about setting asset fps to 15, project fps to 30, and then
reframeRT at 0.8 scale? It makes an approximation but it wouldn't be smooth
and it wouldn't be rendered at 24fps. What you end up with is a pseudo-24fps
30fps file which repeats every 4th frame to fill the time.

The way the smooth 60i->24p should work is by splitting the 60i fields to
individual 30p frames, then rendering the 30p track, but telling the
container that it is really 24p. So you end up with one field per frame, but
40% slower than the original, at half vertical resolution. Once again, there
may be other ways to approach this - for instance, overriding the project
frame rate in the output file when rendering.

> (btw: i think the thing you want to do qualifies for needing a separate
> rendering step ... to be easily able to work with footage that you got
> this way...)

I hate to do this though, especially as you have already lost half the
vertical resolution you are going to lose more unless you render it in a
lossless format, in which case you need a good deal of disk space. Speaking
of which, what is the best-supported codec and container for lossless/no
color conversion rendering and reimporting?

-Joe