On Monday 29 May 2006 02:48 pm, Johannes Sixt wrote:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 19:27, Joe Stewart wrote:
> > On Monday 29 May 2006 12:50 pm, Andraz Tori wrote:
> > > I am bit on the shaky grounds here, since i don't know what is acutally
> > > happening...
> > >

> > > Couldn't you do it by just using frames to fields and reframe plugins?
> >
> > Are you talking about setting asset fps to 15, project fps to 30, and
> > then reframeRT at 0.8 scale? It makes an approximation but it wouldn't be
> > smooth and it wouldn't be rendered at 24fps. What you end up with is a
> > pseudo-24fps 30fps file which repeats every 4th frame to fill the time.
>
> No.
>
> Render Fields-To-Frames to a new file. Then import it. In the assets,
> specify that it is 24fps. Make your project frame rate also to 24fps.

Right, which is the render and reimport 2-step method I was trying to avoid.
BTW, do you mean Fields-to-Frames or Frames-to-Fields? Because these plugins
seem to work backwards of what I would expect given their names.

As it works now, Frames-to-Fields takes alternating fields from the asset and
makes frames in the timeline. Which seems to suggest it would be better named
Frames-from-Fields. Or am I just thinking about it wrong?

-Joe