Hi Nicolas,

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 Nicolas Maufrais wrote:

> Terje,
>
> That would be great if you could add some information about installing
> Cinelerra on Suse in the wiki:

http://cvs.cinelerra.org/docs/wiki/doku.php?id=english_manual:cinelerra_cv_en_2#suse

I'll have a look at what I possibly can do.
But first, as I'm a newbie working with wikis, I need:

1. Some guidelines how and where (url) to write (edit, preview) stuff
into the wiki?

2. Guidelines how to add or complement screenshots into the wiki?

In my opinion, it is important to complement the text with rich
graphical images from screenshots and the gui both in the wiki and
manual. Graphical images of gui tools, buttons and menus and as
exmamples makes the difference of what looks easy and attractive to go
on with, not at least for new users.

Linux distros with gui based installation and configuration tools
(package managers), should preferably be shown using these, not only
with general command lines like rpm. For openSUSE this is the YaST2
toolbox. This gui layer is also wishible for users whose interest is
sole editing with Cinelerra without being frightened by underlying Linux
commands.
In the next phase it will be much easier to gradually learn some basic
commands......

Terje