I run Cinelerra on
Slackware 10.2
with kino to capture.

I have been using several versions of Cinelerra over the parst year or more

I have used titling in English and It is quite easy to use.

I now have a problem with using our local fonts for titling

In eastern scripts we often have a base letter with a top or buttom
glyph that will step back over the base charactor.

k + i = ki
n + u= nu

I can do that in most of my other linux applications, such as OOo Gimp etc.
But in Cinelerra this does not render properly

I have kept some screen shots on my website for you to see what I am
talking about.

http://dharmavahini.tv/correct.png (an alpha image with the text in
white letters)
http://dharmavahini.tv/correct2.png
http://dharmavahini.tv/wrong.png
http://dharmavahini.tv/howto.png
http://dharmavahini.tv/subtitle.mpeg

Please let me know if any of you in the asian region have had similar problems

The problem can be overcome by doing subtitling in gimp and set that
up on a seperate track. which I have tried and it works. but it would
be very nice if we could use the title facility.

regards
Mettavihari
Sri Lanka

--