Hello People,
        I am running cinelerra on Ubuntu Linux with a Core 2 Duo processor and
2 Gigabytes of memory.  I have it installed and was able to play with
some video files (.avi) from my "still" camera the other day.  Now I
need to load some Mini DV tapes for editing so today I bought a JVC
GR-D750U camera and a Firewire PCI card.
        Unfortunately when I try to record  from the camera there seems to be
no connection although all the wires are connected.  When I choose
File-->Record, I get the Cinelerra Recording box, but then when I click
on the red button the window freezes and nothing gets recorded.  The
camera is playing the tape, but nothing comes through and I can't stop
the recording in Cinelerra...It won't close the window while it is
recording and it's not recording anything.
        So far the only way I can close cinelerra is to log out, or shut down
the system.  The camera manual says that it won't download the date and
time info to the computer anyway.  Should I take the camera back?

--
Regards,
Fred Williams