Nicolas Maufrais wrote:
Hello Christian,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:44:56AM +0100, Christian Thaeter wrote:
This file is actually mostly rewritten by me so the 'et al.' is only a
safety measure, but for other files I don't want to figure who else
touched them manually.

Is the 'et al' legal?

Et al. is completely legal. The only consequence it have it that the first person knows who touched the file and need to ask what should happen in any further license changes.

Couldn't it be, how could I say, "dangerous"? I
mean, it's safer to get an exhaustive name of the people who
worked on the file. That's the way it should be done IMO. However, I
understand you're not sure about who wrote that file apart you...

IMHO smart - not safe. But don't forget that it won't safe you from death of authors and copyright transfer. If it gets GPL'ed, it will safe you only only because of the license.

Stefan