jonas & joe, thanks for advice.
jonas, i think it is o.k. to have interlaced video
 if it ist to be shown from dvd on a tv set.

from joe's comments, i understand that it might be better
 to render video and audio into two separate streams,
 audio into ac3 and video to yuv4mpeg (instead of dv.mov).

doing so, i got a popup with the following error messages from cinelerra:

int YUVStream::read_header(): y4m_read_stream_header() failed:
bad stream or frame header

int YUVSream::open_read(char*): Bad YUV4MPEG2 header:
parameter out of range

however a working stream was generated,
and after multiplexing i could put the result directly into todisc
to make a dvd. no field swapping anymore. great. fantastic!

so again, thank you very much, i am impressed.
georg

dr.k.g.hooss
wissenschaftliche medienberatung
tel. +49-(0)451-3003-474