I have a two camera interview I'm trying to edit, one camera always on the
interviewer and one camera always on the interviewee.  I want to edit both
files into one file where the interviewee says something, then cut to the
interviewer, then back to the interviewee when he says something, etc, etc...

What is the best method to perform this in cinelerra?

For example, I have tried placing both video and audio tracks on the timeline
(six tracks in total).  The top video track is the interviewee with related
audio tracks.  On the bottom is the interviewers video and audio tracks.  I
use the audio tracks to align the timeline for sync purposes.   When played
in the compositor window, timing between video and audio is way off and
within a few minuets of playing editing becomes impossible.

Any suggestions?

Background info:
Cinelerra version 2.1 CV
Build date:  Tue Jan 9th, 11:15:03 EST 2007
Quicktime version: 2.2.0 external ffmpeg
Libmpeg3 version 1.7.0

Thanks,

Jeff Gerritsen