On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, marquitux caballero wrote:

> when I talk about the effects, I MEAN THE EFFECTS, nos just the ICONS, come
> on, I agree, those HORRIBLE  year old boy drawings, ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, I
> mean REALLY, THE EFFECTS ITSELF
> are TERRIBLE in cinelerra, this is what I meant:
> http://cowcast.creativecow.net/after_effects/index.html
>
> look the way the effects are applied, and the general workflow, is GREAT,
> but still...

So please enlighten me. You have found a great tool named Adobe
Aftereffects. You bought it legally and use it in your daily work.

Now I wonder, why do you look at another tool, and start to complain about
it? Instead of giving a hands-on guide to make it better, or even make it
better yourself.

Seriously it is nice that technically Cinelerra can capture movies using
the V4L interface. But I am *never* using this because of the worst
possible performance. Do you really think I use Cinelerra to cut 10
seconds of an excisting movie? No @[EMAIL PROTECTED] way, I use ffmpeg for that.

The effects I played with in Cinelerra were for audio, and I could do a
much better job with specific tools for it. And I really see no need what
so ever to use effects as "Delay TV" or what so ever in any production.

Now in my way of editing I could probably use ffmpeg to stich every scene
to eachother and get a nice file out of it. But I find it nice to see what
I am doing and like to make some sweeps etc.

So if you think the effects in Cinelerra are terrible, don't use them. I
actually think some of them are very cool especially the live
Chroma-keying. http://heroinewarrior.com/chromakey.jpg

Stefan