Hi guys

> Could you try the cinelerra packages I made for slack 12?
> http://slack.sarava.org/packages/slackware/slackware-12.0/media/video/cinelerra/
>
> Patches and compile script:
> http://slack.sarava.org/slackbuilds/media/video/cinelerra/

I might see about giving this a go myself in the next few weeks.

Over the weekend I happened to have access to a Slackware 12 box and decided
to check this "freezing" thing out myself (my main PC is still Slackware
10.2 for various unrelated reasons).  I should also note that I used HV's
cinelerra since I didn't have an updated snapshot of CV handy.

I found that I needed to apply a few changes to the Makefiles, mainly
associated with the use of "\;" in "$(shell ...)" constructs - under
Slackware 12 the backslash is no longer needed.  I did not apply any other
patches, and Cinelerra built fine and installed without hassle.  I then
started it and it appeared to operate normally - no freezing up of the
splash screen or anything.  I didn't have the time to give it a really
extensive workout but the initial impressions were that things were working
for me.

At this stage I don't know whether this indicates the freeze is due to
something only in CV, if I'm just lucky, or if there's some other condition
which triggers the freeze.  I'm just throwing this finding out there in case
it's useful to anyone.

In case it's important this was all under kernel 2.6.22.1-rt9 running the
fvwm2 window manager.

Regards
  jonathan