On 8/27/07, Kevin Brosius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2007-08-27 19:15, Johannes Sixt wrote:
> > On Monday 27 August 2007 15:35, Jim Scott wrote:
> > > I checked out the current SVN yesterday and compiled it with no
> problems
> > > for amd64. I can render to most audio formats, DV, and yuv4mpeg.
> Cinelerra
> > > crashes whenever I try to render video into either quicktime or AVI
> format.
> > >
> > > Any idea what the issue might be? Backtrace of one crash is below.
> >
> > I've seen this backtrace in the past, I think. The reason for the crash
> was
> > that the person had two incompatible versions of x264 on the system, one
> > in /usr, the other in /usr/local. The build used the headers of one
> version,
> > but linked the other version. And, no, it doesn't matter whether your
> footage
> > is in that codec - you crash regardless.
> >
> > -- Hannes
>
> Hi Hannes,
>
> H264, really?  Maybe I misinterpreted the backtrace.  It looked to me
> like:
>
> > #5 0x00002aaaaab60e7b in quicktime_set_video (file=0x25bc540, tracks=1,
> > frame_w=720, frame_h=480, frame_rate=<value optimized out>,
> > compressor=0x4aa080c0 "dvc ") at quicktime.c:245
>
> with the 'dvc' compressor was using libdv.  Is H264 sometimes used also?

I don't think it was a dv issue. I had quite a few stale header files
sitting in /usr/local/include -- faac.h, x264.h, and a quicktime folder. I
removed those header files and recompiled. That seems to have fixed the
primary issue. I can now render test files to quicktime containers. Thanks
for the suggestions!