Hi all,

This could be of interest to Cinelerra users, since Cin offers the
option to render out yuv4mpegpipe video.

I've released an intial, alpha, proof-of-concept (but working) version
of 'yuvgimp', which allows yuv4mpeg streams to be processed
automatically in GIMP, one frame at a time.

So from cin, if you render out as yuv4mpegpipe, and pipe through
yuvgimp, you can have gimp edit your frames on the way out.

yuvgimp works like the other piping yuv4mpeg tools, receiving a y4 feed
on standard input, piping each frame into a running GIMP process, and
sending the processed frames as a y4 feed to stdout.

Included with yuvgimp is a wrapper script which starts up a GIMP batch
process, embeds an XML-RPC server into it, such that this GIMP can
accept frames and processing commands via XML-RPC requests (yuvgimp
itself is an XML-RPC client).

Writing your own yuvgimp processing filters requires a real tiny amount
of python scripting knowledge, plus some willingness to browse through
the available GIMP PDB repository. It's all pretty straightforward, and
there's a simple but meaningful example included.

yuvgimp is part of my 'y4m' python yuv4mpeg wrapper package. The whole
thing is available at:

  www.freenet.org.nz/y4m

Enjoy!

Cheers