On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 03:47 +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > I've released an intial, alpha, proof-of-concept (but working) version
> > of 'yuvgimp', which allows yuv4mpeg streams to be processed
> > automatically in GIMP, one frame at a time.
>
> Isn't such thing not 'natively' implemented in programs (or call them
> forks) as Cinepaint? (I thought the complete foundation of Cinepaint was
> made for this job.

AFAIK, Cinepaint only works with movies in the form of sequentially
numbered frame files. Also, manipulation can only be done within the
Cinepaint gui.

yuvgimp fills a different niche - the ability to completely automate an
editing session without a single mouse click - by scripting everything.

Also, I don't recall Cinepaint having a python-fu scripting environment.

Why I wrote this scripting-based solution is to be able to get complete
reproducibility. That's pretty hard in Cinepaint.

Cheers
David