Hi,

Stefan de Konink schrieb:
[...]
Obviously both issues suck, but the last one is just plain wrong.
Therefore I wonder when the decoding stuff gets replaced (once and for
all) by ffmpeg components.

Replacing quicktime4linux by libavformat is impossible, because Cinelerra
needs random access and sample-accurate seeking
all the time. This is supported by quicktime4linux and (to some extent) by
libmpeg3, but not by libavformat. In fact, most video formats don't
allow sample/frame-accurate seeking at all, so it's not ffmpeg's fault.

Another thing are the codecs (used inside quicktime4linux).
It would be trivial to replace the libdv codec by the
one from libavcodec. I did this for libquicktime and it works great.

Burkhard