hey everyone,

just wanted to write and introduce myself...and possibly ask a question
or two.   My name is August Black and I already met quite a few of you
from the cinelerra working group in Bergen, Norway at the Piksel
festival.   So, hello again!

I've been a broadcast2000/Cinelerra user ever since, well, it was called
broadcast2000.   I cut a few documentaries and such in 2000, 2002, and
tend to make something, audio or video, with cinelerra about once or
twice a year.  So, I'm not really a noobie nor a guru.  I still have the
cut and paste editing style  from the bcast2000 days...but am learning
more about labels, clips, and the viewer window for two window editing.
I think I got a good handle on it now.

I've been a fan of this software for a while now, despite all the quirks
and am amazed at how far it has come.  so Bravo to all involved!  I use
it for all of my editing needs.

And, I recently used it for a short film in Norway I made with my
colleague, Federico Bonelli.

http://www.cinemasolubile.net/?p=97

We only ran into a few problems...some of which I figured out how to
do, others I am still looking for answers.

First, what is the best way to export all to DVD?  I try to render MP2,
but it has NEVER worked for me.  I find myself rendering to RGB and then
encoding with ffmpeg....(which also has some majore quirks)

Second,  how can you set the keyframe curves so that they are linear and
not logarithmic.  the logarithmic curves make sense for the audio, but
not always for the camera and projector.  For example, I'm trying to
make a scrolling credits page, but need the motion to start and stop on
a linear rather logarithmic curve.

thanks for all your hard work...and for any tips you might have.

if any of you are in Amsterdam...the film will be shown this Saturday at
Montevideo.

-august.