>>>>> "Burkhard" == Burkhard Plaum  writes:

Burkhard> Gtk is more language independent. If you want people to
Burkhard> contribute plugins with custom config widgets, forcing them
Burkhard> into C++ is a bad idea.  And having a C-API for plugins but
Burkhard> with mandatory GUI code in C++ is questionable at least.

I agree.

otoh, if I'd be having enough time/skills to participate, I would use
another  language (functional), but at the end the choice of language
and/or GUI toolkit depends solely on those developers who would write
lines of code, so no discussion will change that fact...and the active
cin-3 developers probably have already their preferred toolkit to work with...

Let's save our breadth ;)

Sincerely,
Gour