Hi,

I've made a little Picture about how I think the User Interface of a
yet to be named Video Editor could be presented. There is no central
notion of the camera/projector Model, which I think could be added
anywhere in the Graphs as a Node with an unlimited Number of inputs.

http://propirate.net/oracle/zipfiles/UI-concepts-CineTris.png

Please tell me what you think. Automations are not yet part of the
Mockup, but could be added. Cross Bus connections would likely not be
represented by Arrows in a real UI, but rather the Bus would be
adressed by Name.

The dotted Lines mean that one element expands to a different View,
for example in a new Window.

The same goes for the rectangles with the slashed outline, they
represent another View, and the connection from the timeline to the
compositing nodes will be by Name, and not by arrows. Default Names
would be "Video Track #1", etc.

cehteh, ichthyo, do you think that the backend could be used with such
a frontend?

Cheers,
and have fun.
-Richard