I would first like to say that I am not a programmer or proffesional video maker. Most of my video has been done in Premeire because I understand it.but I have Cinelerra on my machine in Ubuntu as well. I have been learning Cinelerra and am feeling more am feeling more comfortable with it all the time. With the talk of rewriting going on I am a little afraid that some of it may make it more like Premeire. By using bands to pan, zoom and go transparent , brightness and do all these same things with sound I find the use of Cinelerra much more of an art form. By watching the peaks, dips and curves of those bands in the timeline I get a visual representation. The Video and sounds I am building. remind me when looking at the time line is much like reading music. I find myself sometime swaying slightly in my chair while reading across them in the timeline. I hope that in any rewrite this visual representaion is not diminished If anything I would like this ability to see the effects this way increased. I find Premeire much less artful and would hate to see Cinelerra go this same route. I like the Cimphony sounding names as that is how I think of building video in Cinelerra, as though writing a syphony. I didn't put this in the voteing thread as it is not really a vote. Doug