> re
> rs
> you

I think this idea is beoing successfully implemented in blender 3D and they
don´t cry fro money as i see, they are on the release of the second open movie
and the apricot videogame, many animators USING THE SOFT ... needed features,
come on! YOUR NEED tells you what is a MUST DO feature, and blender is growing
FAST.

> Unfortunely, I add the following: if a video-editing (or
> photo-editing) software is not good enough for the necessities of
> video-editors (or photo-editors), what's the point in making it in the
> first place?
>
> I believe the problem comes because the development core team usually
> consists ONLY of coders - who do video or photography in their spare
> spare time and think they know what's needed. The feature requests
> become overwelming because the usual course of action is "coders
> develop, they upload the product, and then the community tells them
> what they think". This is, I think, a paradigm mistake - we are
> confusing "community feature requests" with "working together with
> users".
> The development team should have professional (or advanced amateur)
> users, so they can really work directly with coders to get a tool that
> really answers the necessities of a given group.

many IMPORTANT features already exists in many open editing softs...
CINELERRA,KDENLIVE, BLENDER3D/SEQUENCER, PITIVI, OPENMOVIEEDITOR and even
JAHSHAKA, but you don´t have all those features in 1 soft... is it possible
that sequencing onlu exists in blender sequencer?  and kdenlive has a easy to
follow GUI? jahshaka has those nice 3D tools, cinelerra has the animated
masking, HD support, etc... when all that is goint to be in 1 place? maybe
blender3Dsequencer/nodeeditor or OPENMOVIEEDITOR with nodes, may achieve many
changes faster than other tools, because they focus in simplicity.

how come VIDEO EDITING is a NON-PROFITABLE bussiness to code? that only
happends in GNU software, you could create great tools compatible to the market
standards and make comercial versions or special plugins and MAKE MONEY, but
you are so focussed in NOT MKING MONEY out of it that you can´t see that a NLE
is used FOR MAKE MONEY, for amateurs KINO RULES, you don´t need nothing else,
it´s easy, fast, and HOME, fi you want go PRO, make it compatible with existing
codecs (MATROX, CANOPUS, PINNACLE) and leave the door open to comercial plugins
like MAINACTOR MPEG4/AVCHD CODECS and stuff like that, and MATROX HARDWARE
BASED CARDS compatibility (SDK).

there are many ways of keeping this project funding, and keep it open but
remember, this is not an app to wrtite text, or a messenger or somethign like
that, if you want to make a PRO NLE, FOCUS ON THAT and who is going to use
it... many will use it for free, but if this works, I WOULD PAY FOR COMPATIBLE
CODECS AND EXTRA FEATURES in cinelerra,if that option extists.

Cheers.
Marquitux.