From: John Bintz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Sent: Thursday, 3 April, 2008 10:45:06 AM
Subject: Re: [CinCV] miniDV - interlaced?

Norval Watson wrote:
> a) using Cinelerra's deinterlace filter, default settings. This worked very
> well.
> b) using mencoder and yadif, as in -vf yadif . This was not so good.
> c) using mencoder and yadif, mcdeint, as in -vf
> yadif=3:0,mcdeint=1:0:10,framestep=2
>   this took a lot more CPU with no improvement over b.
>
> The test clips are here http://vimeo.com/album/10879 with full mencoder
> commands in the individual video descriptions.

For the mencoder videos, I would try removing scale=880:480 from the
video filter (-vf) option and/or change the -field-dominance to either 0
or 1 and re-render with just yadif.  I've never worked with PAL video,
so I don't know what other gotchas there might be in working with PAL in
mencoder.

John

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail