On Sat, 03 May 2008 14:33:04 +0200, Herman Robak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I try to build the latest Cinelerra (revision 1056) on a PowerPC
> Mac mini running Debian Lenny (testing), the configure script aborts
> with the error
>
> ./configure: line 23421: syntax error near unexpected token `MJPEG,'
> `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MJPEG,mjpegtools,mjpegtools=yes,:)'
>
> This is the first line of pkg-config directives in the ./configure file.

 Running autogen.sh again resolved the problem.

 autogen.sh has to be run _after_ pkg-config is installed.  If it is
only run _before_ pkg-config is installed, pkg.m4 is not included in
aclocal.m4, and ./configure will fail at the first pkg-config macro.

 autogen.sh is supposed to be run only once after checking out
the source code.  This generates configure and a few other files.
The user may not know all the dependencies before configure has
been run, so I think autogen.sh needs to check for pkg-config.

--
Herman Robak