I spoke too soon!

After some testing things aren't working after all.  :-(  The first two
projects I tested did, but not the rest. Typical!

When I load an .xml file of a known-working project (i.e. it was created on the
same physical hardware running the Packman RPM for SLE 10.1 loading the files
off the same home partition) Cinelerra hangs.  The last thing I see on the
console is

mpeg3_read_prev_packet 1 result=0 title=0 tell=1b2e078 program_byte=1b2e078
<loads of these>
mpeg3_read_prev_packet 100 result=0 title=0 tell=1b2d878 program_byte=1b2d878
[mpeg3io_open_file] Error opening file
'/home/mgould/.bcast/home_mgould_Desktop_My_Movies_05 Bus Crash_mvi_2015
slow_m2v.toc': No such file or directory

top doesn't show much activity and utilisation is bumping along the bottom.

I'm using Cinelerra build 1058, libmpeg3 1.7 and internal ffmpeg.

I can't currently see what links the set of projects that do work and those
that don't - they're all just different scenes in the same film; the source
(.m2v and .jpg) are the same and they all used to load perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated and I do realise that I've probably used up my
help quota for the year.

UPDATE:  If I load the project as "create new resources only" and then load it
again as "replace current project" it appears to work, even if I quit Cinelerra
and go back in - so this is a workaround.  Why does it behave like this?  Any
ideas?

Deleting the .bcast directory makes no difference.

Thanks,

Marcus.