On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:18:03 +0200, Charles Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone-
>
> Is there any kind of documentation that out there that describes the overall
> way that the Cinelerra classes interact to accomplish tasks? For example, is
> there anything that describes the process Cinelerra uses to playback video
> from the timeline? Just based on what I've been able to find (basically
> nothing), it seems like it would be increadibly difficult for a potential
> contributor (like me) to get a handle on how the program actually works.

 Indeed it is. :-/

> Everything that I can find seems to point to the "Secrets of Cinelerra"
> document or the Cinelerra manual (are these basically the same?) which talk
> about how to use the application, but not really how the application works.

 For what it is worth, I have generated Doxygen documentation now and then,
and put some of them online.  The latest was of revision 1056, which is the
first one of _all_ the "hvirtual" tree (made on a much faster computer!):

http://cinelerra.org/devcorner/doxy/svn_2.1_r1056/html/index.html

I found function call graphs quite useful, so I enabled them.  What used
to take a day and a night on a quite fast laptop took two hours on a four
CPU Opteron. :-))

 (We should do this more often, now that we have a quite juicy server for
cinelerra.org.  Cillian?)

Links to Doxygen docs made earlier can be found here:
http://www.cinelerra.org/devcorner.php

--
Herman Robak