Herman Robak wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:18:03 +0200, Charles Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone-

Is there any kind of documentation that out there that describes the overall
way that the Cinelerra classes interact to accomplish tasks? For example, is
there anything that describes the process Cinelerra uses to playback video
from the timeline? Just based on what I've been able to find (basically
nothing), it seems like it would be increadibly difficult for a potential
contributor (like me) to get a handle on how the program actually works.

 Indeed it is. :-/

Everything that I can find seems to point to the "Secrets of Cinelerra"
document or the Cinelerra manual (are these basically the same?) which talk
about how to use the application, but not really how the application works.

 For what it is worth, I have generated Doxygen documentation now and then,
and put some of them online. The latest was of revision 1056, which is the first one of _all_ the "hvirtual" tree (made on a much faster computer!):

http://cinelerra.org/devcorner/doxy/svn_2.1_r1056/html/index.html

I found function call graphs quite useful, so I enabled them. What used to take a day and a night on a quite fast laptop took two hours on a four CPU Opteron. :-))

(We should do this more often, now that we have a quite juicy server for cinelerra.org. Cillian?)

I already started some time ago some things on the 'devel' vserver to do such. but not yet completed. Help here would be appredicated, Volunteers contact me please.

        Christian

Links to Doxygen docs made earlier can be found here:
http://www.cinelerra.org/devcorner.php