Thanks flavio
That got me farther than I've gotten before trying to build cinelerra-4 make
error:

used -MT build_sub22_mests.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/build_sub22_mests.Tpo -c
build_sub22_mests.c -o build_sub22_mests.o
gcc: Your: No such file or directory
gcc: does: No such file or directory
gcc: not: No such file or directory
gcc: even: No such file or directory
gcc: support: No such file or directory
gcc: i386: No such file or directory
gcc: for: No such file or directory
gcc: and: No such file or directory
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-march"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mtune."
make[3]: *** [build_sub22_mests.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/daniel/src/cin4_flavio/cinelerra-4/thirdparty/mjpegtools-1.9.0rc3/utils/mmxsse'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/daniel/src/cin4_flavio/cinelerra-4/thirdparty/mjpegtools-1.9.0rc3/utils'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/src/cin4_flavio/cinelerra-4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
debian:/home/daniel/src/cin4_flavio/cinelerra-4#

On building from Git source cinelerra-cv I'm missing a lot looks like
(failed ./configuration )

Summary of mandatory components:
  libogg                  missing
  libvorbis               missing
  libvorbisenc            missing
  libvorbisfile           missing
  libtheora               missing
  OpenEXR                 missing
  libdv                   missing
  libpng                  found
  libjpeg libraries       missing
  libjpeg headers         missing
  libtiff libraries       missing
  libtiff headers         missing
  FreeType 2              missing
  libx264 libraries       missing
  libx264 headers         missing
  libuuid libraries       missing
  libuuid headers         missing
  mjpegtools              missing
  libfftw3 libraries      missing
  libfftw3 headers        missing
  liba52 libraries        missing
  liba52 headers          missing
  libmp3lame libraries    missing
  libmp3lame headers      missing
  libsndfile libraries    missing
  libsndfile headers      missing
  libfaac libraries       missing
  libfaac headers         missing
  libfaad libraries       missing
  libfaad headers         missing

Summary of optional components:
  ESD subsystem           missing
ESD (Enlightenment Sound Daemon) is disabled
  ALSA subsystem          found
ALSA is enabled
  libraw1394              missing
  libiec61883             missing
  libavc1394 libraries    missing
  libavc1394 headers      missing
  librom1394 libraries    missing
  librom1394 headers      missing
Firewire is disabled
  OpenGL 2.0 libraries    missing
Hardware acceleration using OpenGL 2.0 is disabled