Hi,

John Detwiler schrieb:
Could anyone please explain to me what creates the 'watermark' effect --
typically seen on broadcast TV to imbed the logo of the channel into the
(usually lower right) corner of the frame?

In most of the cases, it's just a transparent overlay. For a static logo,
you can make a png (with alpha channel). For an animated logo, you can make
a quicktime movie with the png codec. The logo can also have (half transparent)
shadows.

Then, choose an alpha capable colormodel in cinelerra and simple place the
logo track above the rest.

I rarely use cinelerra nowadays, but last time I tried it, it worked well.

Burkhard