> From: jdetw...@earthlink.net

> Has anyone found a Cinelerra (or, even, gimp) technique that makes this
> visual effect?  (Even if I can't do it on moving video, it would be
> worth adding it to my still image before pasting into the video track.)

I did 726x576 png file which had logo on it. The background was then put
transparent.
Then I added another video track and put it there. The video was on lower
track. With fade slider I set the opacity.

To get this to work you need color format with alpha channel like RGBA

The results: http://www.youtube.com/IlotulitusOy

If you use video on other track it blends them and it is quite good transition
sometimes.

Hannu Vuolasaho

Explore the seven wonders of the world