hi Rafaella, and all,

picking up an old thread here,

Also:
Any hint on *where* to find nice and free fonts?

Surely you are aware of the OpenFontLibrary repository of public domain fonts ?
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/view/media/fonts?offset=20

two of the fonts in there I can recommand:
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/OSP/322
http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/OSP/309
both the Libertinage and the Not Courrier sans (+bold) were recently drawn by the Brussels design office Open Source Publishing,
http://ospublish.constantvzw.org/
+ the OpenFontLibrary contains many other interesting ttf's,

Now what constitutes a 'good' font for use with video / screens ?
on an esthetic level, not easy to talk about this without going into lengthy discussions, but in the light of lumiera-under development; thinking about what fonts to integrate makes sense,

and sorry to kick in an open door on this topic,
-- very likely that some of you have been / are working on this, also I can't judge the difficulties in terms of font rendering etc. --
but what about having cinelerra / lumiera use the installed systemfonts?
such as in the fedora 9 version from kwizart repo.

Will anybody be joining the Libre Graphics Meeting that starts this week in Montreal?
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2009/
I know that some font developpers are going,
so that could maybe be a possible venue for discussing the topic in more detail?
and ofcourse we could ask for advice on the open font mailing list?
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openfontlibrary/
let me know if that is usefull to do, I could jump in

ciao, groetjes,

peter

--
Constant vzw | Rue du Fort straat 5 | 1060 Brussel Belgie | t+f 0032 (0)2 5392467

         *
    *
  *
  *