The subject line speaks for itself.

I agree that using the quicktime wrapper as an intermediate format is a good
thing, especially when it contains jpeg video frames.  However, the sound
support seems pretty dismal.  To minimize audio drift I think the best
intermediate audio formats are uncompressed (or pcm).  However, the defacto
standard for pc pcm sound (pcm_s16le) (and no, I'm not going to debate the
validity of the "defacto standard" comment) is not correctly imported into
cinelerra from an ffmpeg created quicktime file of mjpeg and pcm.  the audio
tracks are blank.  I've tried a couple of the other formats and they also seem
to be lacking.  The mulaw import format does import sound, but with a cyclic
pop or chirp throughout the sound track.

I read documentation the the adpcm_imaqt is a good choice but I got nothing
when I tried it.

using the compressed audio formats gives totally unacceptable audio drift.
I've tried aac, mp2 and mp3.

original format:
AVCHD 1920x1080i @ 13mbps/~60fps (H264/AC3)

processed as follows:
ffmpeg -i 01.MTS -vcodec mjpeg -deinterlace -s 848x480 -r 29.97 \
    -sameq -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ab 48000 out.mov

importing the out.mov gives a timeline that contains the correct video, but
blank audio tracks

So, what is the intermediate format that should be used in cinelerra that will
work and will not exhibit audio drift?