On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 23:03 -0700, David Koski wrote:
> So I got past that problem, tried to render, and it hung again.
>
> David
>
> > I found that if I right click on the resource, then click info, then change
> > the frame rate from 59.94 to 29.97 it plays right.  I never did this the
> > firt time around.  Hmmm...
> >
> > David
> >
> > > I am just getting started with Cinelerra CV and started to render a test
> > > video to 1920x1180.  It looked like the rendering hung (the CPU load went
> > > to almost nothing).  I tried to close Cinelerra but it warned me that
> > > rendering cannot be interrupted.  I killed it at the command line and
> > > thought I was prpared to accept the mess I made for myself.  I ended up
> > > deleting ~/.bcast/ and the project xml files and starting over.  But now
> > > when I add content to the project, the clips video play at double speed
> > > and the audio at normal speed and the clips art truncated at about half
> > > way.  I am using the same video files added to my resources folder.  Any
> > > ideas?
> > >
> > > My files were converted with ffmpeg with this command:
> > >
> > > ffmpeg -y -threads 4 -i INFILT.MTS -b 220M -vcodec dnxhd -acodec
> > > pcm_s16be OUTFILE.mov
> > >
> > > I have tried various format settings but it looks like it does not affect
> > > this problem.

David,
Inspect the command line output of Cinelerra..it may give a clue as to
what happened.  Also, I'm not sure that the CV version of Cinelerra
plays dnxhd consistently.

You may want to give Monty Montgomery's FFMPEG loader version of
Cinelerra a try.  His version gives more consistent results when loading
media, as FFMPEG is the engine that imports all media.  In other words,
if a file plays back correctly in FFplay, it should load and playback
correctly in Cinelerra Monty.

Here is a link on how to install Cinelerra Monty, if you are so
inclined:
http://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com/2010/07/green-beret-parachutes-in-to-help.html

scott