Hi,

Am 15.05.2011 22:35, schrieb Keith Gudger:
I recently entered a video piece into a film festival contest (using Cinelerra
of course) and was
> one of the two finalists. It was great fun seeing my work on the "big" screen
and watching the
> audience reaction.

The other video ended with a few black frames with an Apple logo in the corner
... :-( This got
> me thinking - if I'm getting a larger audience than just my friends ;), how
about promoting
> Cinelerra & FOSS?

IMO the problem is not that there is no cinelerra logo.
The problem are the guys, who think they must put the Apple Logo at the end of
their movie.
I'm wondering if Apple demands that in their software license, or if the Logo
was even used
without permission (which could cause serious trouble).

I would never put a company logo anywhere without getting money for this. But
Apple guys seem
to be different here.

What would those of you on the list recommend as good ways to do this at the
end of my videos? A
> Cinelerra logo? A nice FOSS statement? What do you think about coming up with a
"standard" image
> for this, so that all of us in the FOSS community will have a consistent
message? Maybe even people will
start to know what it means ;) (brand recognition?)

Of course having a Logo is not wrong, and if there was one, people would be
encouraged to
use it if the want. But defining it as standard is in contradiction to the
anarchistic nature
of FOSS. That logo and marketing stuff is necessary for companies, who sell
something. FOSS
projects are far superior because they can afford to give away stuff for free.
So they can
concentrate on more important things.

Burkhard