Ciao!

Issue is no "X11-OpenGL" video driver option in preferences set-up drop
down box.

If you followed instructions for Grandma, then you didn't use the "--enable-opengl" configure option so - from what I understand of the manual - OpenGL is not enabled and you don't get the OpenGL option in the video driver dropdown menu.

This is not confirmed by my experience:
I never use the "--enable-opengl" configure option either but I get the "X11-OpenGL" video driver option in the drop down menu (configure ended with "OpenGL enabled").

Do any of you know what is the expected behaviour with OpenGL?

Ciao!
Raffaella