I have version 1.4 (from glxinfo)

Maybe it is because I compiled v2.2 when v2.1.5 already installed from ppa binary installation?
Happy to remove both and start again.

On 23/09/11 02:25, Einar Rünkaru wrote:
Hi.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Raffaella Traniello
<raffaella.tranie...@g-raffa.eu>  wrote:
Ciao!

Issue is no "X11-OpenGL" video driver option in preferences set-up drop
down box.
If you followed instructions for Grandma, then you didn't use the
"--enable-opengl" configure option so - from what I understand of the manual
- OpenGL is not enabled and you don't get the OpenGL option in the video
driver dropdown menu.

This is not confirmed by my experience:
I never use the "--enable-opengl" configure option either but I get the
"X11-OpenGL" video driver option in the drop down menu (configure ended with
"OpenGL enabled").

Do any of you know what is the expected behaviour with OpenGL?

'--enable-opengl' is not needed.

OpenGL is detected automatically if configure finds appropriate
headers and libGL.so.1. On some systems configure fails to find libGL.

Starting from version 2.1.5 cinelerra checks glx server version and if
it is lower than 1.3 does not show OpenGL option in video driver
dropdown.

Einar