Hi,

Well after some reading and brainstorming I think I will amalgamate
several of the ideas mentioned here, so I sincerely thank all who gave
their suggestions/warnings/opinions. The AV Linux ISO Image is a unique
non-commercial presentation media so I will stop calling it non-GPL since
that evokes a lot of negative connotations and simply declare that it
contains 'mixed licenses'. A PDF document on the desktop will indicate
exactly which parts of AV Linux are GNU GPL having inherited those
portions from Debian unchanged and describe by package name the exact
packages which are commercial and non-free. All non-free licenses will be
readily accessible in a 'Non-Free Licenses' folder within the user's home
folder. As-provided the ISO Image is not redistributable to honor the
commercial licenses however removing the clearly indicated packages makes
it fully GNU GPL and therefore redistributable.

I am sure this is too much of a compromise for some people but it is a
huge improvement over the somewhat ambivalent methodology employed
previously. To be brutally honest if the full weight of the GPL was
wielded by a particularly ravenous lawyer I would guess that MANY Linux
Distributions would be in peril, some very popular and well-known.

For anyone interested AV Linux 5.0.2 will be released later this month. I
had high hopes for incorporating CinCV 2.2 but I understand there are a
lot of proposed changes and relatively few developers to make them. Hats
off to Einar and the other developers working hard on the upcoming
version.

-GLEN