Am 01.12.2011 09:31, schrieb Haldun ALTAN:
> That's interesting ! On 10,04  64  it's always gnome may be later versions ?

Hi,

on any Ubuntu, you can always just install the xubuntu desktop as an
alternative, alongside with what was installed initially. "XUbuntu" is more like
a brand, it isn't a different distribution. Its rather just an installer CD
which installs the base ubuntu system and the metapackage "xubuntu-desktop"

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=xubuntu-desktop&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

You can always manually just install that meta-package

sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

This package is a "meta-package": it doesn't contain any software, but
it depends on all the packages making up the typical XFCE desktop plus
the selections and branding/configuration from XUbuntu.

Cheers
Hermann V.

PS: the same holds true for standard Ubuntu:
use package ubuntu-desktop and for KDE: package kubuntu-desktop