Hi!

I should first say that I am very new with video editing, and probably
don't know what I'm talking about.  :)  On the other hand, I know my
way around linux.

I started learning final cut on a macbook pro about a year ago.  I
grasped it fairly well, but the thing that was very (extremely)
painful was the speed of it.  This was during rendering, exporting,
and editing.  I eventually gave up with it and haven't edited since.

We're going to be filming more home movies fairly soon, and I'd like
to start back up again, but use Cinelerra instead because it's open
source.  I haven't tried it yet, but I don't want to be left with a
bad taste in my mouth again because of delays during the process.  My
mind is wandering towards a farm, but would like to get some input
here first.

With that being said, is there an easy how to guide to build a farm
and use cinelerra without having to wait forever for it to do stuff?
The video I would be editing is shot on a Canon Vixia HF 10 camera and
would be in 1080p.  I haven't been able to find anything like "buy x
amd athalon cpus' and 'but this gpu' type guide.  If nothing like this
exists, is there something that exists of a 'recommended' machine
specs (other than the manual) to edit 1080p video and not pull your
hair out while doing it?

Thanks!