Op vrijdag 31-08-2012 om 00:22 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Haldun
ALTAN:
> you can use proxy editing see grandma for that
> works great
> also mjpeg is much more lighter then DNXHD

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't using proxy files still
require the MTS file to be correctly converted into an intermediate HD
quality format, so that Cinelerra can handle it?

At this moment, I get a .mov file with correct video data, but with
three (not two) silent sound tracks, with no trace of the original
sound. And there's something even fishier about these sound tracks,
because if I let Cinelerra play the .mov, it sort of crashes upon
reaching double the video time -- or more precisely: Cinelerra hangs,
CPU load soars, and the whole PC becomes almost completely unresponsive.
>From that point on it takes several minutes before I manage to switch to
a console and kill Cinelerra.

It doesn't matter if I use ffmpeg, avconv or WinFF. Also the -sameq
argument (with ffmpeg) doesn't make much of a difference.

Anyway, hereĀ“s a very small .mts file of the same type that I can't
handle:

http://www.linetec.nl/linux/my_file.mts

It's almost 6MB, and with my slow ADSL upload it'll take some time to
download, but I'd appreciate if someone more knowledgeable than me could
take a look at it.

Thanks again,

Richard Rasker